Saturday, January 7, 2017

Gambia UN rep reacts to sex audio , denounces campaign of distraction



The deputy representative of The Gambia to the United Nations, Samsudeen Sarr, has distanced himself from a sexually explicit audio and Facebook chat screenshot being attributed to him.
In an interview with this medium, the former military colonel who was recently identified as the new Gambian ambassador to the United States, retorted:
"Talking about this issue is a serious distraction to the political issues at stake. And to dignify them with a response will give them
the relevance they are after.It's all false.

The rumors are opposition generated campaign. Even if it was true I don't see it's relevance to the political issues being discussed.
The main intent of it, as they are saying, is for me change my political position".

Mr Sarr further revealed that he would not invest more time countering an assault on his character by people who have not proven to be more superior morally, positing :

"If the person claiming to be the woman I have been talking to, whom they say is a Gambian protecting her identity, what sense does it make arguing with those forwarding her messages? If she is morally superior to me, why hiding? My case is rested. I can't be distracted unnecessarily".

No comments:

Post a Comment